Artist Home has drummed up 10 silly, yet amazing questions that we will henceforth refer to as, “The 10”. Perhaps we’ve watched too much James Lipton or we’ve all been on the road for too long and pondered such profound subjects to kill time while driving through Kansas. Nonetheless, we present to you “The 10” as answered by Ryan and Kim of Smokey Brights.
1. Given that you have the acting skills to do it, which three movie characters would you want to go back in time and portray?
Whew, okay – first off, homedude from the Werner Herzog classic, Fitzcaralo – Klaus Kinski. The intensity and the madnesss of his character in the Amazon… oh, and the hair. Second, Mike Myers in Wayne’s World. It’d be like Wayne’s basement, but it’s not Wayne’s basement, dude. Finally, David Bowie in the Labyrinth. Dance, magic, dance!
2. Pick one: Choose Your Own Adventure Books, or Madlibs. Explain
Madlibs, fo sho, because those provided all of our first forays into swear words.
3. If you could have any band follow you throughout your day-to-day life, supplying your theme music, what band would you choose?
Wings. All the highs, all the lows, all the weirds, and all McCartney.
4. If you could be someone else’s backing band, following them throughout their day-to-day life supplying their theme music, who would you choose?
Rust Cohle in True Detective. That guy’s seen some shit, and we wanna be there for it.
5. If you could choose one place on earth to live the rest of your days, where would that be? Do you live there now? If not, why not?
Seattle’s all good for the moment. Born and raised, babee! If we ever went somewhere else, it’d either be to a hippie commune in the San Juans or Mexico. The less rules and clothing, the better.
6. Picture yourself as an owner of a small neighborhood store. What would you be selling?
Vintage midcentury wall hangings. Because we already have like a gazillion of those in our basement from thrifting. It’s kind of a storage issue, actually.
7. Name a story or event that you would like to see made into a film.
Pizza Rat, the feature length film.
8. What makes peoples jaw drop when you say “I have never ________”?
We’ve never pressed a full-length to vinyl as a band. We’re fixing that this time around, though! Releasing the next record later this year. Stooooooked!
9. What film best summarizes your teenage years?
Not Another Teen Movie.
10. Gandalf or the color green?
I’d wish for more wishes from Gandalf. kthnxbye
Smokey Brights will be playing a not-to-be-missed show at the Piranha Shop this Friday with BOD and John Dillon. It’s all ages and will feel more like you’re partying with them in their practice room than your typical show. Information and tickets available here!